Identifying where to turn with regard to the current, most reliable COVID-19 resources for seniors and to those who provide caregiving assistance for them is important – and confusing. With so many sources and different opinions on this earth-shattering topic, we wanted to help make it easy to locate what you need by putting together this list of reliable resources.
- Articles/Resources for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific articles and resources to aid family members in enhancing the safety of the seniors within their care.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website focused on caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to supply answers to many questions, for example, safety measures to take when visiting a senior’s house, how to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and more.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page contains a great deal of information, such as assistance with calculating who is at higher risk, symptoms, simple tips to safeguard yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping advice, and so much more.
- Coronavirus: What the Elderly and People With Disabilities Should Know: ACL offers information on what the elderly and those with disabilities should be aware of to reduce the risk of getting and spreading the virus, including warning signs, state-by-state regulations, and an extensive list of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers FAQs About COVID-19: AARP maintains a running bulleted list of all the most current updates connected to COVID-19, plus what older adults can do to reduce their likelihood of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Tips: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of older adults who receive in-home care, as well as for families who provide that care. Their COVID-19 resource page offers articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
For further resources for seniors and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, in-home care to improve wellness and comfort for the older adults you adore, get in touch with the Oakland county elder care experts at Relevar Home Care any time. Following a strict protocol to ensure the safety of cherished older adults we serve in several Michigan counties, we are able to assist with an array of essential services, such as:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to allow seniors to remain safe in the home
- Preparing tasty and nourishing meals
- Companionship to help relieve isolation and stress through conversations, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and a lot more
- Keeping the house clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for individuals diagnosed with dementia
- And many more
Get in touch with Relevar’s Macomb, Wayne, St. Clair and Oakland county elder care team at 1-888-493-3513 for an assessment within the safety and comfort of home, to learn the way we can assist your senior loved ones.